Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katherine Engelhardt

September 2016 Challenge

16 posts in this topic

When I took Amanda Taylor's class The Art of Photographs, I was surprised to learn that using the same photo in different ways on a layout makes a fun and interesting page. It's something I had never tried before so I thought I would give you a chance to try it too. So the challenge is simple, use one photo on your layout three different ways.  You can blend it into the background, highlight different areas of the same photo, or use different photo treatments and filters. Here are some examples:

This layout uses a template from Amanda's class and I highlighted different areas of the same photo.

August 2016 challenge 1.jpg

This one uses three different photo treatments for the same photo.

August 2016 challenge 2.jpg

Post your layouts in the challenge gallery and link it to this forum topic by September 30, 2016

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

1. (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  2. (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  3. (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month. Instructions on how to post a layout in the gallery and how to link it to this thread are pinned to the top of the category.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck!

Zeneva, Amie Wheeler and judymac like this

I really like how the layouts show up in the forum. You can see all the details so well. You did a great job on this one Suzanne. I love your take on the challenge and thanks for joining in. 

Super layouts so far! 

Here's my entry using the photo as the background layer, blended into the canvas layer, spill over frame and blended into the font for texture.

gallery_6313_44_117437.jpg

Super layouts so far! 

Here's my entry using the photo as the background layer, blended into the canvas layer, spill over frame and blended into the font for texture.

gallery_6313_44_117437.jpg

Great layout! I like the way you added just a little bit of color to this mostly neutral palette. Thanks for joining the challenge!

judymac likes this

Your layouts were all wonderful! Random.org chose the following winners for this month's challenge.

1. (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - judymac
  2. (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Suzanner
  3. (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Scrappin5150

Please contact Student Support and let us know which class you would like to apply your discount towards and we will send you a code. You do not have to choose a class immediately. Thanks for playing along and watch for the October challenge coming up in just a few days. I had fun with it, I hope you will too.