Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katherine Engelhardt

What's your favorite kind of scrapbook challenge?

26 posts in this topic

We just finished a week of challenges for our birthday week here at Scrapaneers. I thought the challenge to make a layout based on a mood board of random things looked like fun and even though the challenge is over, I'm going to try that. It's a new type of challenge for me. Before now I have always enjoyed doing a scraplift challenge and I don't much like the challenge where they give you something to add to your layout each day and try to throw a curveball at you. In the end, I want to come out with a layout I'm happy with. What kinds of challenges do you enjoy? Maybe we can include some in our monthly challenges.

I really liked the mood board challenge as well. It was different. I recently participated in a challenge on another site where they provided the mini kit and the challenge was to use everything in the kit. It was fun seeing how all the pieces were used differently.

I love the moodboard challenges. There a few moodboard challenges in the paper scrapbooking world, and it's nice when they accept digital layouts. I like the freedom these challenges provide. I also like template challenges and theme challenges.

I like template, mood board and journaling challenges. Oh, and the mystery directions one where you follow the directions but don't really know what the original looks like are fun, too!

I like recipe challenges and mystery directions.

Good ideas Christine. I must admit, I've never done a recipe challenge. What is involved in that. In the mystery directions challenge, are you talking about when you are given only one aspect of the challenge at a time and have to add to your layout based on the new direction? Just curious, we want to have challenges that everyone enjoys. 

oh I like all the ones mentioned! When I think of a recipe challenge it's about having specific numbers for specific things like

2 Photos
3 Papers
5 Flowers
4 buttons

something like that..that's just random...lol

I'm really not a challenge person when it's about supplies like put this or that. I prefer themed challenges.

2 hours ago, MrsGaramer said:

I've never worked a challenge here but hope to soon! My favorite are skill challenges. masking, extraction, etc. 

Good ideas. I'll pass them on to the challenge makers. 

On 9/4/2017 at 10:56 AM, rae said:

My faves are scraplift,mood board and recipe challenges. I haven't done many but journal prompts can be fun too.

We missed scaplift. I'll add that to our list of favorites.

So many wonderful ideas!  I love challenges too.  Some of my favorites are mood board, tic tac toe, and art journal.  I can hardly wait to see what y'all come up with.

At another site I participate at we sometimes play "telephone" with our layouts. It's not really a challenge, just for fun but I think you could make it into one! The first person creates a layout and passes it on to the next who takes inspiration from the original and then forwards hers onto the following person. I think we usually play with about 8 people or so and no one sees the other layouts, just the one forwarded on to them, and in the end they all get posted in order so we can see the evolution of the first page to the last page. It's really fun to see everyone's personal styles come out and to see what they took as inspiration from the person before them. :) 

Kiana F likes this

On 9/12/2017 at 5:50 PM, Kathy Black said:

Cassie, that sounds like a lot of fun! 

It really is! I love seeing what spoke to each person on the page they received. :) Plus, you pretty much have to create the page free-hand so I think it's good practice for me as I'm a template girl through and through! 

I love challenges. All types really. I think some of my favorites are scrap lifts and inspiration. I also love a good journaling challenge. 

There were some amazing pages in MOS and I saved quite a few for inspiration, but 2 that really come back to me is the winner of the free spirit with all that chaos on one side of the page and almost white space on the other side with just the hands holding it back and the other one is dark and light on either side of the page.  Don't think there's ever been a challenge like that and maybe Scrapaneers can start a "yin and yang" trend by hosting just this kind of challenge.

Kiana F likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0