Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katherine Engelhardt

October 2016 Challenge

74 posts in this topic

One of the most popular challenges during our birthday week celebration was the mood board challenge. For those of you who haven't worked with a mood board before, it is just using a compilation of photos to inspire you to create a layout. So the October challenge will be to create a layout based on the following mood board:

gallery_92_44_25610.jpg

Your layout can be as simple as using one or two of the colors or as complex as creating your own fantasy world. Anything goes, just tell us what inspired your layout. I decided to go the full fantasy route with tips and tricks I first learned in Tiffany's Guide to Blending class and also in Champions where I learned more about blending modes. So here's my layout of my granddaughter inspired by the underwater scene, the teal and rust colors, and the bubbles. 

gallery_92_44_21933.jpg

Post your layouts in the challenge gallery and link it to this forum topic by October 31, 2016

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

1. (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  2. (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  3. (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month. Instructions on how to post a layout in the gallery and how to link it to this thread are pinned to the top of the category.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck!

Please read if you need a laugh today!  As I wrote in the gallery, I have been scanning and photographing my son's old school pictures (artwork/papers/projects) and I had forgotten about this little gem. It cracks me up every time I read it. Anyway, I thought I ought to scrap with some of them so this is the first. I left this page very simple because I wanted to showcase the his artwork and to make the overall feel of the page kind of elementary school-ish.

gallery_205_44_79255.jpg

Renee Berger and suzanner like this

Please read if you need a laugh today!  As I wrote in the gallery, I have been scanning and photographing my son's old school pictures (artwork/papers/projects) and I had forgotten about this little gem. It cracks me up every time I read it. Anyway, I thought I ought to scrap with some of them so this is the first. I left this page very simple because I wanted to showcase the his artwork and to make the overall feel of the page kind of elementary school-ish.

gallery_205_44_79255.jpg

This absolutely did make me laugh. So cute. Thanks for posting your inspiration layout. 

suzanner likes this

I was inspired by the blues/golds as well as the bubbles (moon & lens flares), the wishing flowers & the sun (my pic is of the moon!) :) thanks Kathy for the fun challenge!

gallery_2392_44_154335.jpg

Renee Berger likes this

I was inspired by the blues/golds as well as the bubbles (moon & lens flares), the wishing flowers & the sun (my pic is of the moon!) :) thanks Kathy for the fun challenge!

Love this Amie! Love the sparkle and shine and all the texture. Thanks for posting this inspiration layout. 

I have been playing on the "artsy" side of digital scrapbooking.  I had fun with this challenge.

gallery_1078_44_41397.jpg

You can't look at this layout and not feel something. It really creates a mood. So beautiful and eerie at the same time. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck. 

My take on the challenge. Inspired by the colours in the moodboard.

gallery_2062_44_235351.jpg

This is stunning.  Great job on the challenge.  Love how the colors are picked up in his shirt.  The photos are so fun.

gallery_205_44_79255.jpg

Hahaha.  Brilliant.  

Dreamy.  I want to blend like that!!!!

I have been playing on the "artsy" side of digital scrapbooking.  I had fun with this challenge.

gallery_1078_44_41397.jpg

I'm in love with this page.  The darkness creates such feeling.