Katherine Engelhardt

December 2016 Challenge

58 posts in this topic

During the month of December Scrapaneers is celebrating the Magic of Beginnings. To help you celebrate along with us, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday throughout December you can pick up a free mini-kit on our blog and it will all add up to an amazing massive kit. So here's the challenge for this month:

Celebrate the Magic of Beginnings by creating a layout featuring some kind of "beginning". Here's some ideas:

• A birth or adoption
  • A new relationship
  • A marriage
  • A graduation
  • A new job
  • A new home
  • A new day
  • A new season
  • A new goal
  • A new stage in life
  • A new attitude
  • A new hobby
You get the idea...anything that is a new beginning. So here are the rules:
  • Create a layout featuring a "beginning"
  • Use a few items from the kits collected over the month of December from the Scrapaneers blog
  • Post your layout in the Challenge gallery
  • Link the gallery post to this forum thread by December 31, 2016
That's it. You can use kits you already have, just include a few elements from our December blog kits and let us know what kit/kits you used.

Here's my layout which celebrates the joy of children at Christmas once again. There are 6 grandchildren now! I mostly used Studio Flergs kit and I used some elements from the kits of Amber Shaw and Etc. by Danyale.

gallery_92_44_168596.jpg

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month. Instructions on how to post a layout in the gallery and how to link it to this thread are pinned to the top of the category.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck!

This is fabulous! I will have to go through some old photos.. they are still a new beginning for back when! The collaboration is fabulous! I shall return! :D

My first LO here at Scrapaneers.  I've created an ATC.

gallery_6422_52_96985.jpg

Fun layout and quote! I love the owl. I see this is your first post here. Welcome! Thanks for joining the challenge and if you ever have any questions or need help we have a great group of peers and members that are always happy to help. 

Hi, my contribution,

gallery_6429_44_211848.jpg

Hi Katy! Welcome to the forum. We have a great group of members and peers that are alway happy to help if you need it. Your layout is perfect for the challenge. This definitely says new beginning. Thanks for joining the challenge.

Hi, my contribution,

gallery_6429_44_211848.jpg

Congrats on posting your first layout and challenge.    I love your take on the theme.    We all have a story to write and life is always full of new stories.    

gallery_333_44_76352.jpg

Love this gorgeous kit!! Had a lot of fun and it was a great idea for the challenge!! I do need to hone my journaling skills.

Wow, what a beautiful page. I think your journaling is perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

I had to think about this one.  Not a lot "new" going on in our lives right now, but I figured this was sort of a new napping place for Max since I don't put the tree up every year.  It didn't take long for him to get cat hair all over the tree skirt, and it didn't take long for him to lose his new napping place once I started placing wrapped presents under the tree.

gallery_1078_44_838088.jpg

I loved having so many different designers and styles to choose from when making this page! <3 

gallery_1950_52_135998.jpg

This page is beautiful.   I would love to print this on canvas for my wall.  A Lovely reminder to Cherish each new day as a gift from God.    

I had to think about this one.  Not a lot "new" going on in our lives right now, but I figured this was sort of a new napping place for Max since I don't put the tree up every year.  It didn't take long for him to get cat hair all over the tree skirt, and it didn't take long for him to lose his new napping place once I started placing wrapped presents under the tree.

Yep,  new napping spot for my cat as well.    I really like the layering and the cluster on your layout.   

This page is beautiful.   I would love to print this on canvas for my wall.  A Lovely reminder to Cherish each new day as a gift from God.    

Thank you Rosalie! <3

I love this Suzanne. What a wonderful place to nap. He must have a great perspective under there and feel all warm and cozy from the lights. Thanks for joining the challenge.