Katherine Engelhardt

January 2017 Challenge

26 posts in this topic

Happy New Year everyone! We have some fun challenges planned for 2017. So let's get started. I love action shots, especially when I am able to catch something surprising like a fleeting expression or a ball in the air. I don't mind if it's a little blurry, It just adds to the feeling of movement. So here are the rules for the January 2017 challenge:

1. Create a layout using just one photo.
  2. The photo should show some kind of action or movement
  3. You can use a template
  4. Add a title
  5. Add journaling to describe the action in the photo
  6. Post your layout in the Challenge gallery
  7. Link the gallery post to this forum thread by January 31, 2017
  8. Have fun

Just a few ideas for your action photo:

• Children playing
  • Pets or animals showing some movement
  • Sports (your favorite team or your own activities)
  • Falling snow, rain, or wind
  • Waves on the beach
  • Performances (dance, recitals, bands, plays, etc.)
  • Decorating a Christmas tree or opening presents

Here's my layout showing movement

post-92-0-40598500-1483560436_thumb.jpg

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month. Instructions on how to post a layout in the gallery and how to link it to this thread are pinned to the top of the category.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck! 

I'm sorry I don't know how to link my LO.  It's in the gallery so what now :D

http://forum.scrapaneers.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3524-hallo-kitty/

Hi Tedasgram and welcome to the Scrapaneers forum. I inserted the link to your gallery page. Rosalie gave you the right place to look for information on how to do this yourself next time. However, I would suggest that you scroll down to Sue Barnes post which gives an easy way to post the link. Thanks for joining the challenge with this cute layout and good luck!

Here's mine! I posted in the credits too- but this day there was tons of wind & that umbrella was not cooperating for their game! ;) Tons of movement! Goofy kids! ;)

gallery_2392_44_565025.jpg

I really had fun with this challenge! I tried to create a page with some movement not only within the photo but across the page as well. I was chuckling to myself the whole while I was creating my page too. I love this picture of my nephew. He really wasn't too sure about this amusement park ride but he was a big boy and didn't cry!

:)

gallery_1950_44_50113.jpg

ggordon and Stacia Hall like this

Here's mine! I posted in the credits too- but this day there was tons of wind & that umbrella was not cooperating for their game! ;) Tons of movement! Goofy kids! ;)

gallery_2392_44_565025.jpg

This is just so cute Amie. I left you some comments in the gallery. Thanks for posting this inspirational layout.

ggordon and Amie Wheeler like this

I really had fun with this challenge! I tried to create a page with some movement not only within the photo but across the page as well. I was chuckling to myself the whole while I was creating my page too. I love this picture of my nephew. He really wasn't too sure about this amusement park ride but he was a big boy and didn't cry!

:)

gallery_1950_44_50113.jpg

Oh my, that expression is priceless. Thanks for posting this inspirational layout. 

Hard to choose one photo...

Kit: Imagine That by Julie Billingsley

Really cute layout Christine! Thanks for joining the challenge.

Here's my entry.  :-)  Credits are in the gallery.

gallery_1078_44_109808.jpg

That photo is just too precious...the way she's looking at him and they are both laughing. Love the title too, they just are having fun running. Thanks for joining the challenge. 

I was really at a loss for this month's challenge until I saw the January Champions Strategy was to create a poster and it all came together in my mind.  I created a dance poster using stock images from deviantart and unsplash with lost of blend modes and blur filters.  I also used 2 brushed layers above the cityscape to create a misty mood.

Dance%20Poster1_zpsrlhuq6kg.jpg

ggordon and judymac like this

Wow

18 hours ago, Renee Berger said:

I was really at a loss for this month's challenge until I saw the January Champions Strategy was to create a poster and it all came together in my mind.  I created a dance poster using stock images from deviantart and unsplash with lost of blend modes and blur filters.  I also used 2 brushed layers above the cityscape to create a misty mood.

Wow, lots of action here. I love the grayed out city in the background. Thanks for the inspiration!

18 hours ago, Katherine Engelhardt said:

Wow

Wow, lots of action here. I love the grayed out city in the background. Thanks for the inspiration!

On 1/24/2017 at 11:56 PM, Renee Berger said:

Gorgeous action!   I feel like she's "on top of the world"

The winners for this month's challenge were chosen by Random.org. Congratulations to all our winners and thank you to all who entered. It was fun to see all the action pages. 

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - MinorScraps
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - gordie
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - judymac

To collect your prize please contact student support and let us know which class you would like to apply your coupon towards. Coupons are class specific, but you do not have to use your discount coupon immediately. Let us know when you have decided on a class. We will post a new challenge on February 5th.