Tiffany Tillman-Emanuel

What is Project Scrap?

62 posts in this topic

Welcome to Scrapaneers Project Scrap -- a six week, motivational challenge to FINISH a scrapbook album (or long-term project) that's important to you, yet remains unfinished.

Project Scrap is NOT a marathon to complete all of the projects you've ever wanted to work through.

Project Scrap is a commitment to finish one project within six weeks using motivation + accountability + habits.

Why Project Scrap?

I personally have a lot of unfinished albums and projects on my digital shelf. Let's face it, life is busy! Still, I want to make a concentrated effort to wrap up the stories I've been meaning to cement on paper for a long time. The commitment is the only thing that stands in the way of completing my long-term projects. So, it's time to get committed, and I welcome you to join us here at Scrapaneers to do it for yourself too.

Project Scrap is the tool we'll use to get our long-term projects done.

How will Project Scrap work?

Scrapaneers will host four Project Scrap 6 week marathons in 2017. Here are a few details:

• The secondProject Scrap begins Monday, May 1 and runs until Sunday, June 11.
  • You'll start by simply joining the Start Thread on May 1 and telling us the project you're trying to finish by June 11. And then you get busy doing it!
  • There will be one weekly check in thread to share your progress, share layouts, discuss your frustrations, get inspired, praise achievements, etc.
  • Many on the Scrapaneers Staff, will join you.
  • You can participate in any or all of them, but you'll want to commit from the start. They're free!
  • Project Scrappers will get a few incentives PLUS some cool forum --siggie-- badges to show off. 

Much like other accountability groups, Project Scrap will allow you to connect with other like-minded scrapbookers who also need a push to get some THING done!

Count me in! What do I do now?

1. Decide which project you'd like to work on for the next six weeks. 
  2. Come back on May 1 and announce your commitment on the Start Thread.

That's it (for now)!

Kiana F and Crystal Livesay like this

6 minutes ago, AmieN1@live.com said:

Awesome! I can't wait! I am going to finish that darn December daily from last year before next december rolls around! ;) 

That's awesome! I'm going to pledge to finish my Project Life 2015 album that just refuses to complete it's self. It's like it needs my help. :P

Amie Wheeler likes this

Just now, cookingmylife said:

I have an album that I hope to start and finish in this time frame.. England Dec 2016! Thanks for having a place to keep me moving!

You are SO welcome! Did you enjoy your trip? My husband and I have an England and France trip planned for April. He's been pulling my arm to change it to something tropical, but I REALLY want to see Europe. 

suzielarose likes this

What a great idea!  I'm in -- will be back tonight when I narrow down WHICH album I'd like to finish. So many to choose from! LOL  (sad, but true)

Amie Wheeler likes this

Yes, it wasn't the first to England (where I lived for 7 years with another husband!) but it was the first time in 30 years that I was back in my old home town.   Harrogate, London and Bath this time.

So excited for this to start!  I want to finish either my 2015 or 2016 Inspiration Journal (Donna Downey).  They are both about 1/2 finished now, so maybe I'll just say both of them since I alternate back and forth between them.  I'll finish one page in the 2015 journal and then while it is drying, I start working on the next page in the 2016 journal. 

I am not falling into the same trap I did last year, by saying that I wouldn't start 2016 until I finished 2015 (which is why I am so far behind on the 2016 journal now).  I've already started the 2017 journal and am up to date with the first two pages. (Yay me!)

Amie Wheeler likes this

I want to finish my daughter's ballet album. Her last year in dance was 2009 and I think I have 2008 and 2009 to get finished. The first 3/4 of it was paper and then I went digital so the end of it will be a mix.

I pulled this album out when I moved into my house in August and refuse to put it back on the shelf until it's finished. This is perfect timing for me!

Hit me up with any dance/ballet/acrobatics type kits you know of, please!

Amie Wheeler likes this

1 hour ago, HeyJude said:

So excited for this to start!  I want to finish either my 2015 or 2016 Inspiration Journal (Donna Downey).  They are both about 1/2 finished now, so maybe I'll just say both of them since I alternate back and forth between them.  I'll finish one page in the 2015 journal and then while it is drying, I start working on the next page in the 2016 journal. 

I am not falling into the same trap I did last year, by saying that I wouldn't start 2016 until I finished 2015 (which is why I am so far behind on the 2016 journal now).  I've already started the 2017 journal and am up to date with the first two pages. (Yay me!)

This is an art journal? Do you do a hybrid one, or full-on traditional supplies (you mention while pages are drying) ... funny, I like doing AJ's, but I just can't get my head (hands? LOL) around using traditional supplies. Digital all the way for me, baby!

Just now, Kat_Hansen said:

This is an art journal? Do you do a hybrid one, or full-on traditional supplies (you mention while pages are drying) ... funny, I like doing AJ's, but I just can't get my head (hands? LOL) around using traditional supplies. Digital all the way for me, baby!

It is full on traditional art supplies (paint, gesso, mediums, etc.).  I've switched all of my scrapbooking (memory keeping) types of pages to digital, but I still love playing with paint.   Donna's Inspiration Journals are more about playing with techniques and learning new things, as opposed to an art journal.  Although I always incorporate art journaling concepts into my pages by including things that are personally relevant to me.

BTW - the February 1 Blog article is about how to combine the best of digital and the best of traditional into one project. ;)

Kat Hansen likes this

19 minutes ago, Stacia Hall said:

I want to finish my daughter's ballet album. Her last year in dance was 2009 and I think I have 2008 and 2009 to get finished. The first 3/4 of it was paper and then I went digital so the end of it will be a mix.

I pulled this album out when I moved into my house in August and refuse to put it back on the shelf until it's finished. This is perfect timing for me!

Happy to enable ;)

http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/En-Pointe-The-Kit.html
http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Tiny-Dancer-Kit.html
http://shop.thedigitalpress.co/Graceful-Digital-Kit.html (I really like the silhouettes in this one!)
http://www.oscraps.com/shop/DanceSampler-No.-1.html (eeekk! <3)

Stacia Hall likes this

4 hours ago, Stacia Hall said:

Amber Shaw just put out a beautiful dance kit:  http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/sweetshoppe/product.php?productid=35772&cat=&page=1

Stacia Hall likes this

8 hours ago, Kat Hansen said:

What a great idea!  I'm in -- will be back tonight when I narrow down WHICH album I'd like to finish. So many to choose from! LOL  (sad, but true)

Okay, I'm back ... so many things to choose from! Decided on my March 2016 vacation - Hawaii and Australia. It's a different style for me with a lot of journaling and photos, just a few embellishments per layout. I've already completed five double-page layouts for Hawaii ... so it's on to Australia I go!

Stacia Hall likes this

Is this a class to sign up for or just an event to participate in?  Is it okay if I just work on a yearly album. I am SO close to having 2016 completely scrapped.  I just need to focus! I have not really done an event album.

43 minutes ago, tlcd1961 said:

Is this a class to sign up for or just an event to participate in?  Is it okay if I just work on a yearly album. I am SO close to having 2016 completely scrapped.  I just need to focus! I have not really done an event album.

It's not a class. It's something for everyone to participate in. The goal is to encourage each other to get a long time project done. I hope you'll join in, it sounds like fun.

tlcd1961 likes this

I'm going out on a limb here in saying that I will finish my recipe booklet. My kids have been wanting me to write down our family recipes, both the kind that are taste and adjust as you go and other family favorites. I keep saying I'm going to do it but it never gets done. I am using templates from Keep it Together: Recipes with Kelly Sill. I actually have some pages done but I always forget to photograph the food after I've cooked it. My husband will probably be happy if I cook all the family favorites in the next 6 weeks. So far this is the project I think I will work on but at least I have until the 30th to change my mind. :lol:

I need to complete my son's school album.   He's a senior and I only have a few more grades to complete.    It will be a traditional scrapbook project without a lot of flair.   Just want to get these into a presentable album by the end of senior year.   

22 hours ago, tlcd1961 said:

I am pretty sure it's a forum activity and will not be a class.   I don't think there will be any digital kits or instruction.   I am pretty sure it's just a space to motivate each other and feel accomplished.   

tlcd1961 likes this

I'm in.  I want to do an art journal type project of 2012, a very bad year for me, that had an AMAZING end. 12 pages documenting a month per page.