Tiffany Tillman-Emanuel

What is Project Scrap?

62 posts in this topic

I am so in love with this idea. I'm in the middle of a crazy, busy season of life so I know I am sitting this one out. However, I can't wait to join in later in the year and I will definitely be cheering all of y'all on from the sidelines!

I want to finish my wedding album/coffee table book.  It was WAY too expensive when I got married (2001) to have done.  Now I can do it myself, but I need to get scanning.  No digital pictures back then.

Finish an almost finished wedding album I started for my brother.

Then, go through lifetime of non-digital photos (most already in an albums chronologically, some need to be taken out of the old stick in kind, and placed into regular albums), and scan in the ones that I want to scrapbook. 

If anyone has any suggestions that would help for this type of process, please let me know.

Thank you for always inspiring.

Phyllis likes this

38 minutes ago, ggordon said:

Finish an almost finished wedding album I started for my brother.

Then, go through lifetime of non-digital photos (most already in an albums chronologically, some need to be taken out of the old stick in kind, and placed into regular albums), and scan in the ones that I want to scrapbook. 

If anyone has any suggestions that would help for this type of process, please let me know.

Thank you for always inspiring.

I can sympathize with your second project. I'm almost afraid to look and see how those old photos in sticky albums are deteriorating. I know some of them are changing color or fading away. It seems like a huge project but if I don't get started they will be lost.

Joan K and ggordon like this

23 hours ago, Kim Still said:

I am so in love with this idea. I'm in the middle of a crazy, busy season of life so I know I am sitting this one out. However, I can't wait to join in later in the year and I will definitely be cheering all of y'all on from the sidelines!

Kim,

I want you to know that it's OK to sit this one out.   I know I need to give myself permission sometimes to just be and not complete my list of "DOs"  As your seasons change, jump back in and join us.   

50 minutes ago, Katherine Engelhardt said:

I can sympathize with your second project. I'm almost afraid to look and see how those old photos in sticky albums are deteriorating. I know some of them are changing color or fading away. It seems like a huge project but if I don't get started they will be lost.

Maybe you could break it up into smaller goals and it would not feel so overwhelming.    

ggordon likes this

That is why I think this Project Scrap throughout the year will be a great way to get the incentive and inspiration to do this.  

I'm in -  I started a Project 2106 album of "recipes that made a family" and I am 1/3 way through.  I want to gift actual hard copies to my children for Christmas this year so I need to make progress.  I am sloooooow.  And sooooooo behind with everything.  I never finish a project - and have been kind of depressed about it lately so this will be good.  I welcome the companionship!  

I will finish the 2016 album for my family that is now barely begun.  I have WAY too many projects of WAY too many interests!

UFOs are a WAY of life for me - must finish some of them this year...

Fantastic! I have been pretty diligent with Month of Challenges at the Lilypad and really don't want to drop off that pace. I am almost done with my December Daily 2016 book, but won't get that done in the next few days. I can think of one other one that I just need to finally complete and move on to other stuff. :)  

Count me in on this!!  Need to finish my granddaughters wedding album!!!  Only a year behind. Life gets so busy you just let things slide, makes me feel better to know I have kindred spirits out there in the same boat. Good luck to the ones trying to reclaim pictures from the dreaddd sticky albums!!  I did almost all of mine a few years ago, now need to make them digital, but that is another project!

I just want to finish something...anything. I did manage to get my daughter's 2014 trip to France made into a book. Other than that, I just want to, but can't because I seem to be afflicted with the I Can't Do That bug. 

Did you see the fun new Project Scrap flair Tiffany made for us to add to our signature? You can find it here. To learn how to add it to your signature check out TIffany's how-to here. It will be fun to see the flair popping up all over the forum in our signatures. Thanks Tiffany!

8 hours ago, TreysGrammy said:

I just want to finish something...anything. I did manage to get my daughter's 2014 trip to France made into a book. Other than that, I just want to, but can't because I seem to be afflicted with the I Can't Do That bug. 

I know what you mean about feeling like you can't do that. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. So many projects demand our attention but I really want to get some of them completed. Once I get focused, I think it will be fun.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:05 AM, Renee Berger said:

I'm in.  I want to do an art journal type project of 2012, a very bad year for me, that had an AMAZING end. 12 pages documenting a month per page.

And after the beautiful wedding I went to on Saturday, my goal has changed and I have to do this wedding FIRST.

Oooh, I'm going to finish my baby's album...that I started almost 18 years ago (Oh, it looks even worse when I type it! Aii!) when there were babies around here!!  

Thanks so much for offering this, Tiffany! 

I'll focus all my creative energy on a family trip to Maui in February.... 2014 (I think). lol  It's one of my new year's resolutions to just sit down and let inspiration come and not be distracted by anything else.

Could my goal be to organize my crafting space?  I moved into a new house 5 months ago and my designated crafting room is still a disaster - way too many boxes of  non-crafting things got piled in that room and need to be sorted, purged and organized to other spaces. My goal is to actually USE that room for its intended purpose!