Tiffany Tillman-Emanuel

What is Project Scrap?

62 posts in this topic

I think I want to do this, but I don't have any projects really started. I have 9 grandchildren and I used to scrap chronologically. Maybe I will start using what I have currently and scrap backward. What has anyone else done like this? I am not sure how to start or where to go.

Ok I am in....recently my younger children moved to Florida with their dad and before they left we took a TON of family pictures and silly pictures of us waving to them etc. I have been to sad to even think about starting it.....my last visit with them was Christmas. Until Spring Break...maybe I can surprise them :) Looking forward to some JoyFul Inspiration 

Jen

On 1/30/2017 at 6:32 PM, fullterr said:

I think I want to do this, but I don't have any projects really started. I have 9 grandchildren and I used to scrap chronologically. Maybe I will start using what I have currently and scrap backward. What has anyone else done like this? I am not sure how to start or where to go.

Just offering a little encouragement. I only have 6 grandchildren but I do a chronological album for each family as a Christmas gift. My son-in-law once said that if he got nothing else he would be happy with the album. The only problem is that they rely on it now and often assume I will get those precious shots. That's a lot of responsibility. :) If you are behind I would scrap the current ones and work backward. Right now the memories are fresh and you can journal easier. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do. 

fullterr likes this

21 hours ago, Poolejen said:

Ok I am in....recently my younger children moved to Florida with their dad and before they left we took a TON of family pictures and silly pictures of us waving to them etc. I have been to sad to even think about starting it.....my last visit with them was Christmas. Until Spring Break...maybe I can surprise them :) Looking forward to some JoyFul Inspiration 

Jen

So wonderful that you got so many pictures of them before they left. I know when I scrap photos of my kids and grandkids I can get a little nostalgic and misty eyed just because they have grown up so much. But at the same time I'm just falling in love with them all over again. So glad you are joining in and I hope we can provide some joyful inspiration. :D

22 hours ago, Rewilson99 said:

I'm going to finish my Holiday project of Christmas stories from my childhood.

I love this idea. I'm going to put it on my to do list. :D

Hi, I'm new to the forum. This looks like something I need. Am I too late to join in?

I would like to finish the first (January-June) family album of 2016. The printing company I use allows a maximum of 120 pages, so it is handy to know what the limit is! Makes the project more manageable. As it stands now I've done January and February, but I have worked on other projects lately (and sent two albums to the printer yesterday!!!) so this project has stalled. I need the push and the accountability to get going with this. 

2 hours ago, minna72 said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. This looks like something I need. Am I too late to join in?

I would like to finish the first (January-June) family album of 2016. The printing company I use allows a maximum of 120 pages, so it is handy to know what the limit is! Makes the project more manageable. As it stands now I've done January and February, but I have worked on other projects lately (and sent two albums to the printer yesterday!!!) so this project has stalled. I need the push and the accountability to get going with this. 

Not too late at all! Just visit our Week 1 thread and sign yourself up there -- you can simply copy and paste the project you wrote above -- and you're in! :) All the details are explained here in the week 1 thread: 

Glad to have you!

Every year I do 150 pages  ( a book of remembrance ) of all the events that have happened that year plus some of my family when the kids were small and some of their ancestors. I have done this for years but the problem is usually in July I start to panic and end up  locking myself in my office for weeks at a time trying to get caught up.  It would be nice to get a little over 10 pages done each month so I don't have a panic attack in July. 

I will finish my December Daily 2016 book. I have 6 days to complete, two of those days being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. About 175 photos left to scrap. I really need to move on, so I can catch up on my 2017 photo a day book. I know I am starting late, but last week I did several layouts, so that is good. :)