Katherine Engelhardt

February 2017 Challenge

17 posts in this topic

The November Champions strategy was all about telling your story. I was reminded how important it is to get the details down on even little things that we don't want to forget. Since this is February when our thoughts turn to love, I thought it would be fun to tell a love story. Now this doesn't have to be a romantic love story, there's all kinds of love. Like the love in the layout I posted below. Six years ago my daughters and I took their little ones to the zoo while their big sisters were in all day school for the first time. Josh got to pick out a lunch box when his sister got one and he got a Toy Story one. He loved that lunch box. Little did my daughter know that when she let him pack it that he would load it up and then not let anyone carry it for him. He was really struggling at the end and we decided on an early lunch to give him a break. He was so proud to be a big boy carrying his lunch box that I didn't want to forget this story.

So here's the challenge

1. Use several photos to tell a story about someone or something that is loved in a style of your choice. 

2. Journal the details of the story.

3. Add a title

4. Post your layout in the Challenge Gallery and link it to this thread by February 28, 2017.

That's it. Here's some ideas of people or things that are loved

1.  Spouses, children, parents, siblings, friends
  2.  Pets
  3.  Hobbies
  4.  Places...cities, countries, churches, schools, homes
  5.  Collections
  6.  Achievements
  7. Teams
  8. Nature

Here's the link: http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/3553-february-2017-challenge/

large.5886f1a46d463_February2017challeng

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month. Instructions on how to post a layout in the gallery can be found here. Instructions on how to link your layout to your post can be found here.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck! 

Ok I don't think 2 is considered "several" photos, lol, but that is all I have to tell this story. I chose to scrap these photos as something I loved, as the story journals, because I have so few photos of myself and my husband at that time in our lives. He was on active duty so he did physical training in the mornings, worked a full work day and then went on night missions/dunnage collection, etc for ammo squad and then was gone for weeks at a time in the field and training for an upcoming deployment. About a year into our time at that particular duty station he did deploy for another 10 months and there are of course, no photos of us during that time. As a result, the day in this photograph and the photographs themselves are special to me and my heart swells to look at them. They're not perfect photos but I love them so much.

I used Hello February by Two Tiny Turtles, Becca Bonneville and Meghan Mullens and Singleton 19: Miss Junie template by Brook Magee. 

Cassie_TTT,-BB,-MM---Hello-February-(BM---singleton19-missjunie)-copy.jpg

Amie Wheeler and judymac like this

Katherine, I just love how you have scrapped your story! So creative and the photos are just adorable. What a fun story to tell. Cassie, your layout is just so gorgeous! Love all the layering and colors and thank you for sharing your heart. Certainly precious photos given the time you were apart and definitely "perfect".

I have all these photos of the kiddos just playing outside. This particular day- it was a gorgeous spring morning & just SO nice to be outside- even in his pj's, rubberboots & ballcap! ;) Simple stories, but so fun to look back on years later!

large.58a72c2e23473_everydaylifect.jpg.7

ggordon likes this

On 2/18/2017 at 4:48 PM, suzanner said:

The hardest part about this challenge was finding a subject for which I had multiple photos.  :-)

2000_SanJuans_w.jpg

Beautiful landscape photos and I love the way you placed them on the page. Fun story too. Thanks for joining the challenge. 

On 2/17/2017 at 11:02 AM, Amie Wheeler said:

I have all these photos of the kiddos just playing outside. This particular day- it was a gorgeous spring morning & just SO nice to be outside- even in his pj's, rubberboots & ballcap! ;) Simple stories, but so fun to look back on years later!

large.58a72c2e23473_everydaylifect.jpg.7

I love everyday stories. They are the ones you are most likely to forget so it's important to scrapbook them. Thanks for the inspirational layout. 

Amie Wheeler likes this

9 hours ago, skivvy said:

Just had this one photo that showed what I wanted to tell. Thanks for this challenge where I could express how thankful I am that Roxy is still with uslarge.Roxy_Love.jpg

What  a beautiful page. Thanks for joining the challenge!

Congratulations to our winners this month!

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Skivvy
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Suzanner
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - MinorScraps

Discount coupons are specific to the class you choose. Please send a request for your coupon to Student Support when you are ready to choose a class. Thanks for participating in this month's challenge. 

9 hours ago, Katherine Engelhardt said:

Congratulations to our winners this month!

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Skivvy
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Suzanner
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - MinorScraps

Discount coupons are specific to the class you choose. Please send a request for your coupon to Student Support when you are ready to choose a class. Thanks for participating in this month's challenge. 

Congrats Skivvy! Welcome to the forum. Loved your layout.