Katherine Engelhardt

March 2017 Challenge

27 posts in this topic

I have been working on a recipe booklet for my kids using Kelly Sill's Keep it Together Recipe kit. So I have been writing down ingredients for all the foods my family loves. When one of my daughters was in high school she had to attend a food fair. She commented that all different countries use many of the same ingredients in their food but come up with vastly different results. They each add something regional and make those basic ingredients into something unique.  It seemed like a good idea to make a recipe challenge this month. So here is a list of "ingredients" that you must include in your layout.

1. 2 papers
  2. stitching
  3. a button or flair
  4. word art
  5. staples

The challenge is to create a layout using those basic ingredients and then add your own unique style. So anything goes. You can use a template as a starting point if you like.  Post your layout in the challenge gallery and link it to this thread by March 31, 2017

Here is my layout of my oldest granddaughter when she was a baby enjoying meeting the characters at Walt Disney World.

Katie and Characters gallery.jpg

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month. Instructions on how to post a layout in the gallery can be found here. Instructions on how to link your layout to your post can be found here.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck! 

Stacia Hall likes this

I may have flubbed a bit with the 2 papers ingredient- that was HARD! Most of these are either styles or journal cards ;)

large.58bde82dd713d_Sicknesscopy.jpg.684

6 hours ago, Amie Wheeler said:

I may have flubbed a bit with the 2 papers ingredient- that was HARD! Most of these are either styles or journal cards ;)

large.58bde82dd713d_Sicknesscopy.jpg.684

Love your layout Amie. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amie Wheeler likes this

4 hours ago, suzanner said:

Here's mine . . .

large.020301_Ducks_p.jpg.893d7a7ab609811

Life is good is so true and the tag title is so cute.   I really like the painting in this layout as well.  

20 hours ago, KarenB said:

http:// http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/3712-march-challenge-color-run/

I'm pretty new at digital scrapbooking, but thought the challenges could help me practice what I'm learning. This is my family after having 'competed' in the Color Run. (as you can see, I'm waaaaay behind on family photos! lol)

March Submission layout.jpg

Fun layout Karen and thanks for joining the challenge.

KarenB likes this

I used a freebie template from Heartstrings Scrap Art which I modified a little make fit the paper part of the challenge. The main kit is I Love You by Kristin Cronin Barrow with the background paper from Happily Ever After and the butterfly from A Natural Beauty also by Kristin Cronin Barrow. I included the rest of the "ingredients" but I added all the flowers and foliage as the "me" part. I love to cluster and can hardly help myself from doing it! :) 

http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/3736-march-2017-challenge/

600x-March-Scrapaneers-Challenge-(HSA-FB-freebie-July)-copy.jpg

Christa File likes this

On 3/24/2017 at 7:04 AM, Christa File said:

large.20170324lbwsbcityscape.jpg.825aa80

Word art = CityScape |Stitches |2 papers (+ a few more to blend) | flair | Staples

Great page Christa! I like the little pops of color on the mostly neutral layout. I also like the grungy feel. Thanks for the inspiration. 

10 hours ago, Cassie King said:

I used a freebie template from Heartstrings Scrap Art which I modified a little make fit the paper part of the challenge. The main kit is I Love You by Kristin Cronin Barrow with the background paper from Happily Ever After and the butterfly from A Natural Beauty also by Kristin Cronin Barrow. I included the rest of the "ingredients" but I added all the flowers and foliage as the "me" part. I love to cluster and can hardly help myself from doing it! :) 

http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/3736-march-2017-challenge/

600x-March-Scrapaneers-Challenge-(HSA-FB-freebie-July)-copy.jpg

Your clusters are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

On 2017-03-24 at 1:04 PM, Christa File said:

large.20170324lbwsbcityscape.jpg.825aa80

Word art = CityScape |Stitches |2 papers (+ a few more to blend) | flair | Staples

Ohhh, I really like this. The grungy style is awesome!

On 2017-03-24 at 1:04 PM, Christa File said:

KarenB likes this

Random.org chose the following winners for this month's challenge:

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Christine (Minor Scraps)
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Skivvy
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Judymac

Congratulations to all our winners and thanks to all for playing along. Contact Student Support when you are ready to use your discount coupon.