Katherine Engelhardt

May 2017 Challenge

12 posts in this topic

I decided on this month's challenge and then was a bit challenged to complete it. Since we had discussed journaling in April's Champions content I thought I would make journaling the challenge for May. Sounds simple right? Well, journaling that is not just describing what is in the photos is harder than I thought. In her video Crystal Livesay mentions that journaling our feelings can be cathartic. So I gave it a try. I purposely chose a font that was a bit ornate and harder to read and a color that blended in to the background to make my journaling a little bit hidden. Now that I wrote about how I feel about my grandchildren growing up maybe I won't feel so sad when I look at this photo next time. So here's the challenge:

1. Create a layout where journaling is a main focus of the layout. Your journaling can be descriptive, personal, bulleted, etc. 
  2. Use any style....traditional, project life, or art journal.
  3. Use photos or no photos. 
  4. Have fun.

Here's my layout:

large.590d5792e9419_May2017challenge7003

Upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it here in this thread by May 31st. You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to this post here

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize in the challenge each month.

I hope you'll join the challenge and good luck! 

Amie Wheeler likes this

Journalling is definitely my least favorite pastime, so I decided to do journal about my passion. I also used the Jana Oliveira

Live Artistry guidelines to design the page

.JOe2.jpg

1 hour ago, skivvy said:

Journalling is definitely my least favorite pastime, so I decided to do journal about my passion. I also used the Jana Oliveira

Live Artistry guidelines to design the page

.JOe2.jpg

For something that is not your favorite, you sure do it well. I love the blended photo. Well done and thanks for joining the challenge.

judymac likes this

6 hours ago, judymac said:

This is my effort, not as late as usual!  Thanks for looking  , did this twice, sorry!!  Made a tiny change!

Our-Story.jpg

This is an early entry for you, but they are always worth waiting for. :) This one is no exception. Your journaling is so well done and heartfelt. Thanks for joining the challenge. 

On 5/17/2017 at 9:31 AM, Christa File said:

here is mine :) Fun challenge.. thanks Katherine!!

Challenge Gallery

Great layout Christa. I love all the journaling and the cute kit you used. Thanks for the inspiration!

Here's my take on the challenge. I love these types of challenges b/c I always end up with a page that I really feel tells the story and is worth passing down to my children! 

large.May-Challenge---(fdd_ffSomewhereIn

I loved it when Ali Edwards said that journaling is words on pages.  I have been SO busy lately so I decided a page conveying the craziness would be perfect for this challenge.  Seems like a theme with me lately.  How many more years until I can retire?

large.052017_BusyMay_Web.jpg.bb9068ac68f

On 5/20/2017 at 9:01 PM, suzanner said:

I loved it when Ali Edwards said that journaling is words on pages.  I have been SO busy lately so I decided a page conveying the craziness would be perfect for this challenge.  Seems like a theme with me lately.  How many more years until I can retire?

large.052017_BusyMay_Web.jpg.bb9068ac68f

Oh my goodness. I'm tired just looking at this. It makes a great page and it will be fun to look back on when you actually retire and see all that you accomplished in a month. Thanks for joining the challenge.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:45 PM, Cassie King said:

Here's my take on the challenge. I love these types of challenges b/c I always end up with a page that I really feel tells the story and is worth passing down to my children! 

large.May-Challenge---(fdd_ffSomewhereIn

Beautiful page and touching journaling. Thanks for inspiring us.