Cassie King

Project Scrap Summer: Week 3 Check In!

39 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Can you believe we're already into WEEK 3?! How's everyone's project coming? Better or worse than you'd expected? It's been an exciting week over here at Scrapaneers and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a lot of you have been somewhat distracted by the Masters of Scrap competition! :P 

Personally, I had a slow week as far as my creative teams go so I put that time to great use and got a ton of pages done. I'm further along than I had expected to be but of course I've had setbacks too. I actually thought I was done last week and was just about to do my happy dance when I realized I lost 7 or 8 finished pages when my hard drive crashed in May. :( That was disappointing especially after I thought I was FINALLY done but I do believe I like my "re-make" pages better so that's a win in my book! :) 

I'll share with you my pages this week and you guys can share any pages you'd like to or vent any frustrations, ask for suggestions or encouragement, you name it! 

large.SFW---Tea-Cups-L--copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---Tea-Cups-R-copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---African-Market-copy.jpglarge.SFW---African-Market-(R)-copy.jpglarge.SFW----Astro-Orbiter-2-copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---Astro-Orbiter-1-copy.jpglarge.SFW----Hot-Air-Balloon-copy.jpglarge.SFW---Splash-Mountain-copy.jpglarge.SFW---MNSSHP-copy.jpglarge.SFW---Boo-to-You-Parade-copy.jpglarge.SFW---L---Face-Painting-copy.jpglarge.SFW---A---Face-Painting-copy.jpg 

So that's that! I'm so close to the end of the tunnel that I can see the little glimmer of light poking through! I can't wait to finish and share the rest of my pages with you guys! :)

Here are a few pages I have put together this week. Sadly I am not working on the project as much as I would have liked...hopefully this upcoming week will be more productive and I can jot down a to-do list of pages I want to create still for the album, to give me some structure! Other than that I am loving seeing a mini album of summer memories come together :D

36266406322_ae35fb4ca6_c.jpg

36266409632_f0bdddd2a5_c.jpg

36266409972_f160d03c96_c.jpg

36266410162_37d4a1f47e_c.jpg

12 hours ago, Cassie King said:

Hello everyone! Can you believe we're already into WEEK 3?! How's everyone's project coming? Better or worse than you'd expected? It's been an exciting week over here at Scrapaneers and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a lot of you have been somewhat distracted by the Masters of Scrap competition! :P 

Personally, I had a slow week as far as my creative teams go so I put that time to great use and got a ton of pages done. I'm further along than I had expected to be but of course I've had setbacks too. I actually thought I was done last week and was just about to do my happy dance when I realized I lost 7 or 8 finished pages when my hard drive crashed in May. :( That was disappointing especially after I thought I was FINALLY done but I do believe I like my "re-make" pages better so that's a win in my book! :) 

I'll share with you my pages this week and you guys can share any pages you'd like to or vent any frustrations, ask for suggestions or encouragement, you name it! 

large.SFW---Tea-Cups-L--copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---Tea-Cups-R-copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---African-Market-copy.jpglarge.SFW---African-Market-(R)-copy.jpglarge.SFW----Astro-Orbiter-2-copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---Astro-Orbiter-1-copy.jpglarge.SFW----Hot-Air-Balloon-copy.jpglarge.SFW---Splash-Mountain-copy.jpglarge.SFW---MNSSHP-copy.jpglarge.SFW---Boo-to-You-Parade-copy.jpglarge.SFW---L---Face-Painting-copy.jpglarge.SFW---A---Face-Painting-copy.jpg 

So that's that! I'm so close to the end of the tunnel that I can see the little glimmer of light poking through! I can't wait to finish and share the rest of my pages with you guys! :)

Wow, Cassie, you are making great pages and great progress!

Cassie King likes this

6 hours ago, kroppinkaren said:

Great pages, Karen!  I saw them in the gallery and really loved the composition and colors.  

20 minutes ago, JenniferHignite said:

Here are a few pages I have put together this week. Sadly I am not working on the project as much as I would have liked...hopefully this upcoming week will be more productive and I can jot down a to-do list of pages I want to create still for the album, to give me some structure! Other than that I am loving seeing a mini album of summer memories come together :D

36266406322_ae35fb4ca6_c.jpg

36266409632_f0bdddd2a5_c.jpg

36266409972_f160d03c96_c.jpg

36266410162_37d4a1f47e_c.jpg

Love these pages, Jennifer...especially the one with all the kids standing against the wall...that is such a great photo!

Well, I had a crazy week/weekend and didn't get as much done as I wanted to.  I finished the second in my Manhattan 2-pager and started on the first page in another 2-pager but it's not quite sitting right with me.  Hopefully I'll have more time this week.

large.ManhattanPage1forScrapaneers.jpg

large.59861d3f8c8a7_Manhattanpage2.jpg

large.598711ef84cf4_ATHikeV2.jpg

Cassie King likes this

Lookin' good ladies! It's such a joy to see everyone's albums coming together and to experience what an encouraging group of ladies this is! You're all amazing! :)

Christa File likes this

Well, I haven't completed any new pages this past week but did resize some 12x12s I created in 2016 into 8x8 jpegs that are album ready.  And I scanned some 2016 memorabilia to use in upcoming pages.  I also scanned and edited some old photos, but they aren't ones I'll use in my Summer 2017 Project Scrap 2016 album.  Next job on this project is to select 2016 photos appropriate for the album and put them into the folder I've created for the album.

Christa File and Cassie King like this

5 hours ago, Cassie King said:

Lookin' good ladies! It's such a joy to see everyone's albums coming together and to experience what an encouraging group of ladies this is! You're all amazing! :)

By the way Cassie, through August 11th Blurb has a 40% off sale :  http://www.blurb.com  MYNEWBK  is the 40% off code through 8/11/2017

Cassie King likes this

5 hours ago, Christa File said:

By the way Cassie, through August 11th Blurb has a 40% off sale :  http://www.blurb.com  MYNEWBK  is the 40% off code through 8/11/2017

Thank you Christa! If I can get these last few pages finished in time I just might try them! :) 

Christa File likes this

I'm a little at odds with myself.

I think I need to change my project. I've been totally inspired to do Disney pages the past two weeks, so I have. I haven't limited myself to 1 of the trips though, so I'm not making much progress.

I have been totally uninspired to scrap the cruise I want to finish before next month!

Argh. Why can't my right brain and left brain agree?

12 hours ago, bestcee said:

I'm a little at odds with myself.

I think I need to change my project. I've been totally inspired to do Disney pages the past two weeks, so I have. I haven't limited myself to 1 of the trips though, so I'm not making much progress.

I have been totally uninspired to scrap the cruise I want to finish before next month!

Argh. Why can't my right brain and left brain agree?

I think it's probably hard not to be inspired to do Disney with so many Disney projects going on right now! :P I often find myself perusing Pinterest or other people's galleries for a subject I need a little help with. A half hour or so in there and my brain is usually spinning with ideas! 

Courtney likes this

Wow @Cassie King! I've gotta get to work on my Disney pages. I, as you guessed, have been working on my minimalist page for Master of Scrap and am finally happy with that page so time to get at least one disney page done this week. Gotta keep working on that project.

Cassie King likes this

I've been working on the Masters of Scrap contest all week and really enjoying the different styles, both of which this week are not me!  Anyway, I hope to get back to the Project Scrap today and get a few more pages caught up.

Cassie King likes this

8 hours ago, bestcee said:

1! I got 1 layout done this week for this project! But the day is young....

large.2011-Cruise-Ship-Ensenada-copy.jpg

Wahooo! One is better than none and it's a beautiful page to boot! :) 

Courtney likes this