Cassie King

Project Scrap Summer: Week 3 Check In!

39 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2017 at 0:55 AM, mystrose said:

Last week I got a few pages done, this week nothing so far. I am finding trying the master scrap challenge thing has cause me to do less.

Good luck in the competition!

mystrose likes this

On 8/7/2017 at 10:22 PM, Zani said:

Well, I haven't completed any new pages this past week but did resize some 12x12s I created in 2016 into 8x8 jpegs that are album ready.  And I scanned some 2016 memorabilia to use in upcoming pages.  I also scanned and edited some old photos, but they aren't ones I'll use in my Summer 2017 Project Scrap 2016 album.  Next job on this project is to select 2016 photos appropriate for the album and put them into the folder I've created for the album.

That sounds like progress to me. :D

On 8/7/2017 at 9:00 AM, Cassie King said:

Hello everyone! Can you believe we're already into WEEK 3?! How's everyone's project coming? Better or worse than you'd expected? It's been an exciting week over here at Scrapaneers and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a lot of you have been somewhat distracted by the Masters of Scrap competition! :P 

Personally, I had a slow week as far as my creative teams go so I put that time to great use and got a ton of pages done. I'm further along than I had expected to be but of course I've had setbacks too. I actually thought I was done last week and was just about to do my happy dance when I realized I lost 7 or 8 finished pages when my hard drive crashed in May. :( That was disappointing especially after I thought I was FINALLY done but I do believe I like my "re-make" pages better so that's a win in my book! :) 

I'll share with you my pages this week and you guys can share any pages you'd like to or vent any frustrations, ask for suggestions or encouragement, you name it! 

large.SFW---Tea-Cups-L--copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---Tea-Cups-R-copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---African-Market-copy.jpglarge.SFW---African-Market-(R)-copy.jpglarge.SFW----Astro-Orbiter-2-copy-3.jpglarge.SFW---Astro-Orbiter-1-copy.jpglarge.SFW----Hot-Air-Balloon-copy.jpglarge.SFW---Splash-Mountain-copy.jpglarge.SFW---MNSSHP-copy.jpglarge.SFW---Boo-to-You-Parade-copy.jpglarge.SFW---L---Face-Painting-copy.jpglarge.SFW---A---Face-Painting-copy.jpg 

So that's that! I'm so close to the end of the tunnel that I can see the little glimmer of light poking through! I can't wait to finish and share the rest of my pages with you guys! :)

You really are clipping along on this!  Great inspiration for the rest of us.

Cassie King likes this

I can't believe this is halfway over already.  Finishing up some baseball pages for my LA album and found some journaling errors.  Always good to put it away for a while and then look at it again and errors seem to jump out at ya!  I also submitted one of these for the August challenge and was working on the Masters of Scrap competition this week, so I pretty proud of my participation.  Hope I can keep it up.  

These layouts are about how my family loves baseball and something we always do as a family.  We are trying to visit as many baseball stadiums as we can, so this was #9 as a family for us.LA---Petco-web.jpg

Cassie King likes this

53 minutes ago, Cassie King said:

These are all amazing! They just feel so "All American"! :)  Thanks for sharing with us!

The San Diego area has a huge Naval base, plus every Sunday is Armed Forces day at their games, so I carried that USA theme on these pages for that reason.  Thanks for noticing!

Cassie King likes this

16 hours ago, hollygenc said:

I got one School Album layout done last week. It was a busy week! But I'm happy for a little progress!large.Composition_Holly.jpg

Yay! It's gorgeous! (Love the bright happy yellow!) Progress is progress no matter how big or small! :)