Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sue Barnes

Tell Us a Secret....

17 posts in this topic

Hey all!  I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could each tell everyone a secret about ourselves by posting something not many (or any) people know about you.  It can be anything...silly, serious, whatever.  And feel free to post more than one if you want.  I suppose, since I started this thread, I have to go first.  :P  Hmmmm, so many things from which to choose...hard to narrow it down.  Okay, here it is:

My head attracts moving objects...balls, kites, cicadas, you name it, it has hit my head.

Everybody calls me Cassie (you know, the sound that rhymes with a not so nice way of saying rear end) and I answer to it b/c it's easier than to explain. BUT my name is actually said like KC. I've been with my hubs for over 12 years and most of his family still pronounces my name incorrectly as do most of my digi-scrap friends. I tried to change the spelling of it when I was in middle school and transferred schools but my mom was upset b/c "That's not what she named me". To be fair, my name is legally Cassandra (said like Cassondra) sooo.... 

Lol, well there you have it. Call me Cassie, KC, Cassandra or Cassondra and I'll answer to any of it. :P

16 minutes ago, Cassie King said:

Everybody calls me Cassie (you know, the sound that rhymes with a not so nice way of saying rear end) and I answer to it b/c it's easier than to explain. BUT my name is actually said like KC. I've been with my hubs for over 12 years and most of his family still pronounces my name incorrectly as do most of my digi-scrap friends. I tried to change the spelling of it when I was in middle school and transferred schools but my mom was upset b/c "That's not what she named me". To be fair, my name is legally Cassandra (said like Cassondra) sooo.... 

Lol, well there you have it. Call me Cassie, KC, Cassandra or Cassondra and I'll answer to any of it. :P

That's interesting Cassie. In my head I've been saying it wrong. Good to know. :)

Kiana F likes this

11 hours ago, Cassie King said:

actually said like KC

I'll call you KC in my head from now on. LOL. I worked with a girl named Karyn. Everybody called her Care -en (like Karen). Nope! She pronounced it: Core - in (like Corrine). Names are hard, especially when you only read them.

Secret: My parlor trick is touching my nose with my tongue.

faerywings and Sue Barnes like this

These are too funny!

Cassie, when I was in Jr HS I changed the spelling of my first name on a weekly basis. I went by "Chrissy" at that point, so I tried Chrissi, Chrisi,  and then went to Krissy (and on and on) My parents were really insulted when I spelled it with a "K" because I was named with the initials of my dad, brother, grandfather (CAI), so I can relate :)

Let's see. I tend to be an open book online (In other words I talk too much) so people know a lot about me whether they like it or not. Here is one: I have a crooked middle tow on my right foot. Both of my kids were born with the same crooked tow, although their's have straightened out as they grew. When my first was born, my husband wanted me to ask the pediatrician about his "weird toe" and I had *no idea* what he was talking about-- his toe wasn't weird to me at all.

I have Acrophobia (fear of heights) and Caustrophobia (fear of closed-in spaces) but if they are both present it doesn't bother me. I can fly even in small planes and ride in elevators and it's okay, but don't ask me to tour a submarine or climb a ladder unless you want to see a panic attack. :)

Katherine, so fascinating that the two phobias seem to cancel each other out. The Psych degree I have is rumbling around in my head on that ... 

I don't have a fear of heights if I am on something stable, like looking down from a skyscraper or roller coaster I am fine. Put me on a ladder- not so good. I also have a fear of driving over a bridge but only if I am close to the water. The George Washington Bridge- not an issue. It is so weird how these things work. SMH!

5 hours ago, faerywings said:

Katherine, so fascinating that the two phobias seem to cancel each other out. The Psych degree I have is rumbling around in my head on that ... 

I don't have a fear of heights if I am on something stable, like looking down from a skyscraper or roller coaster I am fine. Put me on a ladder- not so good. I also have a fear of driving over a bridge but only if I am close to the water. The George Washington Bridge- not an issue. It is so weird how these things work. SMH!

One time it didn't work for me was driving up the side of a mountain in Death Valley. My husband was driving and there was a complete drop off right next to the road, warning signs everywhere, and one lane. It was terrifying and I had to close my eyes. At the top there were all kinds of viewing areas and I couldn't get out of the car. :)

Sue Barnes and faerywings like this

I sympathize, Kathy. I visited the World Trade Center years back and one level had a glass floor. I couldn't even walk out there on it. But I could sit on the step and look and be okay.

Mine is probably that I've broken one of my little toes over 10 times. It's happened so often that it's easier to rebreak it now if I'm especially NOT graceful (which is my normal!)

I tend to be a pretty open book too.....hmmm? 

A secret? I love notebooks and pens, but then never want to use them because they're all "new" and shiny, and they end up unused and I end up giving them to the kids. UGH

Oh, I'm loving reading all of these! 

Danica - I am so surprised you are allergic to cats & you're such a cat lover,  Ironic, right?

Katherine - I'm terrified of heights too. And driving over bridges.  I used to teach driver's ed and one of the lessons include driving over the harbor bridge. With student drivers. Eek!  I'm especially afraid if it's only one or two lanes wide on my side.  I don't want to be in the outside lane or inside lane close to oncoming traffic.

Cassie - Yep, I've been saying it wrong too but now I'll think KC when I see it.  My name is Yobeth which people are always confused by.  If I capitalize the B-no problem!  When I place to go orders I use my alias "Elizabeth".  No one has a problem understanding that. ;)  I used to have an employee that called me MaryJoBethAnn because I had customers that call me Mary Jo, JoBeth, & Beth Ann and I would answer to any of them. LOL

So, technically, I've already revealed several things about me but I guess one weird thing I can share is.... Once, when I was about 15 years old, we were getting ready to go to AstroWorld & I was curling my eyelashes.  With the lash curler clamped down, someone walked in my room, as I turned my head to see who it was I pulled out all the eyelashes on my right eye.  I looked very strange!  I tried to keep my sunglasses on while riding the rides and it took about 4 or 5 weeks for them to grow back.  

Kiana F likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0