Jennifer B

September 5, 2017 Challenge

46 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to September! I am truly in shock that we have hit the end of summer! Though I am actually very excited as Fall is my favorite season. For this month’s challenge, I want to keep us thinking of and working on your scrapper’s style. We are at the end of an amazing month with the Master of Scrap competition and a key part of that has been learning about your scrapping style. I’ve taken the quiz multiple times and I am a Traditionalist. So, for this month’s challenge I want to branch out a little and combine my traditionalist style with the Eclectic style.  I’ve selected a few of the focal points of each style and combined them into one layout.

For this month’s challenge you layout will need to include the following

Traditionalist

• 1 large photo
  • 1 smaller photo
  • Use one kit

AND

Eclectic

• At least 15 embellishments
  • At least 2 different patterned papers

Here’s my layout that I created

SAiwlWw.jpg

If you have not yet done so, take the quiz to determine your scrapper’s style.

I’m excited to see what you create this month! Please upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it here in this thread by September 15, 2017. You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to this post here.

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

• You can only win one prize per challenge each month. That means you have 2 opportunities to win each month.

**Please note**

·         There will now be two challenges per month and you can now save your discount coupon to combine them to be used at a later date for a class or live event.

Kiana F and Armygrl-Lisa like this

5 hours ago, Deanna said:

I can't believe I'm the first to join this challenge!!  I hope I did it right!  This is the first monthly challenge I've joined!  I did take part in the recent champions contest! 

http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/5172-sarah/

Sarah rfw.jpg

I'm so glad you decided to join in the challenge with this cute layout. Everything looks good. Good luck in the drawing. 

Jennifer B and Deanna like this

19 hours ago, Deanna said:

I can't believe I'm the first to join this challenge!!  I hope I did it right!  This is the first monthly challenge I've joined!  I did take part in the recent champions contest! 

http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/5172-sarah/

Sarah rfw.jpg

Lovely page! I like the bright color and the clusters are really nice. Thanks for joining in! 

21 hours ago, Kiana F said:

Oh this sounds fun. I'm mostly traditional too, so I'm going to try this out!!!

I hope you will join Kiana! 

Kiana F likes this

This was more difficult than I thought it would be. I am not usually a one kit scrapper so it was hard to find a kit with all the right elements. It was a fun challenge. Here's my layout. My grandson is #17.

September 2017 challenge.jpg

Riandei and felis like this

17 hours ago, Sherly aka nietis said:

Thank you for the fun challenge!

170902_lj_tomorrowsmemories.jpg

Lovely page! Thanks for playing along. I like the newsprint background and your clusters are great.

Sherly aka nietis likes this

And I'm back! ;) So I just loved this journal card & used that as my 'smaller photo' ;);) Traditional & eclectic are my styles- so this was a fun challenge for me!

large.59af574e2e350_bestfriendscopy.jpg.

Kiana F and Jennifer B like this

On 9/7/2017 at 2:12 AM, Katherine Engelhardt said:

This was more difficult than I thought it would be. I am not usually a one kit scrapper so it was hard to find a kit with all the right elements. It was a fun challenge. Here's my layout. My grandson is #17.

September 2017 challenge.jpg

Thanks for playing along this month! I love how you captured the team up close and with the smaller photo you have the whole stadium in view. Great title as well.

12 hours ago, Kiana F said:

I just had to play along too!!!

large.scrapaneers_septChallenge1-kiana.j

Lovely page! I love the b&w photos you used on the page. Your clustering around the photos is great, love the star paperclips that you tucked into them.

Kiana F likes this

On 9/9/2017 at 2:03 PM, Amie Wheeler said:

And I'm back! ;) So I just loved this journal card & used that as my 'smaller photo' ;);) Traditional & eclectic are my styles- so this was a fun challenge for me!

large.59af574e2e350_bestfriendscopy.jpg.

Yeah, for joining. Lovely page. I really like the shaped paper behind your photos and the use of the journal card as the smaller photo is a great idea.

Amie Wheeler likes this

On 9/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Christine (MinorScraps) said:

2017 Sept 1 Challenge

Gallery Entry

Another page down in my 2011/2012 book. Perhaps with the increased challenges I can get my book done before the end of the year!

Such a pretty page! I'm glad you were able to get another page of your book completed. Your frame for the large photo is very pretty. Love the string across the top of the page.

4 hours ago, lmjrocko said:

Used: 3 pattern papers -skulls on black, frame additional, frame around lay out, and back ground.

Kit:   Believe in Magic: Neverland by Amber Shaw & Studio Flergs 

large.challenge1.jpg.aad3f4c07f47299e81c

Awesome page, I love how you have a the long photo on the right with the smaller photo on the left! Love peter pan flying over the photo. Thanks for playing!

I really wanted to do this challenge and I nearly did not make it. I love this photo of my hubby and needed a challenge to do it justice. Very happy with how it turned out

Dieter-PicnicSpot1.jpg

Jennifer B likes this

7 hours ago, skivvy said:

I really wanted to do this challenge and I nearly did not make it. I love this photo of my hubby and needed a challenge to do it justice. Very happy with how it turned out

Dieter-PicnicSpot1.jpg

Woo Hoo so glad you were able to join in! And with a great page too! I love how you framed your husband in the large photo. The title is really neat as well. Good luck!