Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiana F

Do You Work out

16 posts in this topic

I've been eating a LOT better in the last 2 years or so and trying to stay on track with that so that I can help motivate hubby who has chronic kidney disease and diabetes. He actually beat the diabetes meds, and doesn't have to take those any more, he's been doing great with controlling his blood sugar with food and exercise. 

I'm trying to get more active. I try to walk everyday, but I am NOT a workout person, so doing routines and going to the gym are like pulling teeth for me. I hate it. Walking is the only constant I can do....without feeling like I'm actually working out. 

Amie Wheeler likes this

On my days off (I work tues/wed) I try to take the dog for a long walk. If weather is crap- then I try to do the elliptical machine. On my work days- I'm exhausted so I don't 'do' anything- but I get a lot of steps in on my pedometer during the work day- so that counts too I guess! ;)

As far as Diet- One year ago this month- I started a healthier eating plan. I lost 40 lbs. but have since gained about 10 back when I 'slacked' for a bit. We're basically doing low carb/high protein/high fat - and it's maintainable! I'm a junk food junkie tho- and definitely can't buy a bag of chips or else they end up in my mouth! lol!

Kiana F likes this

16 hours ago, Amie Wheeler said:

On my days off (I work tues/wed) I try to take the dog for a long walk. If weather is crap- then I try to do the elliptical machine. On my work days- I'm exhausted so I don't 'do' anything- but I get a lot of steps in on my pedometer during the work day- so that counts too I guess! ;)

As far as Diet- One year ago this month- I started a healthier eating plan. I lost 40 lbs. but have since gained about 10 back when I 'slacked' for a bit. We're basically doing low carb/high protein/high fat - and it's maintainable! I'm a junk food junkie tho- and definitely can't buy a bag of chips or else they end up in my mouth! lol!

Oh what kind of elliptical do you have. We used to have a treadmill....definitely comes in handy for Michigan weather 

Jennifer B and Amie Wheeler like this

I've tried to in the past but have not been very good about keeping up with it. I've started doing yoga at home to at least do something..hoping to keep that going. 

Kiana F likes this

37 minutes ago, Jennifer B said:

I've tried to in the past but have not been very good about keeping up with it. I've started doing yoga at home to at least do something..hoping to keep that going. 

I totally understand. It's hard for me to stay with it too

7 hours ago, Kiana F said:

Oh what kind of elliptical do you have. We used to have a treadmill....definitely comes in handy for Michigan weather 

It's an old, not fancy at all one- but it works & it was like $100 at a garage sale! ;) And it does the job in the winter or rain! lol!

Kiana F likes this

10 hours ago, Amie Wheeler said:

It's an old, not fancy at all one- but it works & it was like $100 at a garage sale! ;) And it does the job in the winter or rain! lol!

I'm going to have to look into one. Is yours electric? 

Amie Wheeler likes this

6 hours ago, Kiana F said:

I'm going to have to look into one. Is yours electric? 

Um, I dont think so- it takes D batteries for the timer & very simple display. But it totally works if the batteries are dead too! ;)

Kiana F likes this

19 hours ago, Amie Wheeler said:

Um, I dont think so- it takes D batteries for the timer & very simple display. But it totally works if the batteries are dead too! ;)

Hmmm okay, thanks. I'll have to check some out!!!

I walk every day and have followed a low carb/high protein/high fat diet for years.  I'm very lucky.  I'm 57 and have been a size 2 since the age of 16.

Kiana F likes this

On 10/12/2017 at 7:12 AM, Renee Berger said:

I walk every day and have followed a low carb/high protein/high fat diet for years.  I'm very lucky.  I'm 57 and have been a size 2 since the age of 16.

WOW you are lucky. I wish I was still my 16 yr old self size. I'm trying though

I've been super demotivated to exercise because even with it I was gaining weight and exhausted. I was recently diagnosed with a thyroid disorder, so I'm hoping that exercise will become productive. I still walk and aim for 10,000 steps, but I'm going to add in some exercise videos. The gym is too expensive here, and the hours suck at the YMCA. 

Funny enough, that was my plan for today. To look at my schedule and plan exercise into it for next week. 

Kiana F likes this

On 10/14/2017 at 10:58 AM, Courtney said:

I've been super demotivated to exercise because even with it I was gaining weight and exhausted. I was recently diagnosed with a thyroid disorder, so I'm hoping that exercise will become productive. I still walk and aim for 10,000 steps, but I'm going to add in some exercise videos. The gym is too expensive here, and the hours suck at the YMCA. 

Funny enough, that was my plan for today. To look at my schedule and plan exercise into it for next week. 

Tell me about it, the YMCA hours are not for normal working families. ROFL. And they are expensive too.

5 hours ago, Kiana F said:

And they are expensive too.

Ours isn't atrocious,  because it's also the community option.  So $50/month if you sign up during their specials. 

Kiana F likes this

23 hours ago, Courtney said:

Ours isn't atrocious,  because it's also the community option.  So $50/month if you sign up during their specials. 

Not bad. But we don't have one close enough any more any way. Too far, plus hours aren't good. We'd never use it

Courtney likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0