Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jennifer B

when do you get rid of old books/school work?

10 posts in this topic

I'm talking about myself, I'm cleaning out my bookcases and finding textbooks and paper from college over 20 years ago. They have sentimental value but I haven't looked at them or years...I want to get rid of it but still hold on...such a dilemma. 

Kiana F likes this

I have a tendency to hold onto books as well. I love them. Simple as that and it is so difficult letting go of what you love! I would certainly keep your papers from college. Box 'em up. Another generation would certainly enjoy looking at them! So....I am no help. :)

Kiana F and Jennifer B like this

ROFL. I don't know if I'll help or not. I'm in the middle. Maybe keep the favorite classes or papers/homework you did awesome on. Or that has something of your "self" in it. Like a paper written by hand I'd definitely keep, but maybe a paper I typed I might not. I'm not helping. I know. ROFL

Jennifer B likes this

I still have a few of my dental hygiene books- I always thought it would be nice to have them to reference something- which I've never done! lol! I really should just pull them off the shelf at this point! Not long ago we did donate all our books/novels, except a few we thought would be good for our kids. They just take up SO much space! I imagine we'll be donating more as my son is now into reader level books & all the 'little kid books' just sit there. 

Kiana F and Jennifer B like this

Yeah my kids read alot and I'm always donating books to the library or younger neighbors.

I'm the opposite. I got rid of all but 1 reference book from my husband's nursing school. I love books. I hate keeping big thick books that no one every references. Probably because those suckers are heavy to move!

Kiana F likes this

I recycle so all my old books and papers got donated.  Today I can kick myself for some of the things I got rid of.  My biggest heartache was when we had a housebreaking and they stole the wooden box with all my photos.  It looked like a jewelry box and the thieves must have thought they hit pay dirt.  It would have been nice if they turfed the photos like they did my underwear.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:51 PM, Kathy Black said:

I have a tendency to hold onto books as well. I love them. Simple as that and it is so difficult letting go of what you love! I would certainly keep your papers from college. Box 'em up. Another generation would certainly enjoy looking at them! So....I am no help. :)

Thanks Kathy!!

On 10/12/2017 at 7:08 AM, Renee Berger said:

I recycle so all my old books and papers got donated.  Today I can kick myself for some of the things I got rid of.  My biggest heartache was when we had a housebreaking and they stole the wooden box with all my photos.  It looked like a jewelry box and the thieves must have thought they hit pay dirt.  It would have been nice if they turfed the photos like they did my underwear.

Oh no, to loose all those photos must have been heartbreaking for you.

I'm a keeper, but recently realized that there is no reason to keep certain things. Books from college would certainly fall in to that category for me.  If you have papers you really want to keep why not scan them and keep them digitally?  As for books, if you haven't looked at the them in 20 years and won't use them for an art project then "Let it Go!!!".  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0