Courtney

challenge
October 15, 2017 Challenge

14 posts in this topic

Welcome to the mid October Challenge! Are you in the depths of fall leaves and Halloween spooks? Or, are you looking for signs of spring to come? My desert home is just starting to cool off and bring the temperatures out of the 90's and into the high 70's. It's my favorite time to get outside with my camera. Cool at night, and warm during the day. Whatever your weather, I hope you'll celebrate it with me in my challenge.
The challenge is to take a photo looking up or looking down and scrap it. Perhaps it's your feet in a puddle, or the sun peeking between the golden leaves of autumn. Look up and down and snap a photo or a few, then scrap. For these photos, I was looking up at the climbers. I like how high up they look because of the perspective of looking up. It makes their climbing accomplishment seem larger. Your photo does not require people. Mine just happened to have people.
large.2017-M-A-Springs-Preserve-copy.jpg

I can't wait to see what you find to photograph. Please upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it here in this thread by October 31st, 2017. You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to this post here.
And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):
  • (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • You can only win one prize per challenge each month.
  • **Please note** There will now be two challenges per month and you can now save your discount coupon to combine them to be used at a later date for a class or live event.
Stacia Hall, felis and Jennifer B like this

On 10/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, felis said:

But to be honest I expected something about Halloween.

I thought about it. But I also like to do the unexpected sometimes! I hope you aren't disappointed. I love that you took the photos special for my challenge. Thanks for playing!

felis likes this

3 hours ago, tlcd1961 said:

These are my favorite types of pictures!

I love them too, something about the unexpected angles makes me smile. Thanks for playing!

Fun!

I haven't done a challenge or anything for a gallery for a long time.

But, just happened to catch this challenge, and I think I'm gonna try.

How do I get the buttons, like I have two above for Project Scrap and Champion? I did the Masters Scrap, but can't remember how to get the button?

2 hours ago, ggordon said:

How do I get the buttons, like I have two above for Project Scrap and Champion? I did the Masters Scrap, but can't remember how to get the button?

ggordon, you can find directions here.

I came across this strutting Peacock on my favorite mountain bike trail called Peacock Paradise. I have only heard them before and not seen them ever. I just had to stop and take a pic.

Peacock-e.jpg

On 10/22/2017 at 8:51 AM, Courtney said:

I thought about it. But I also like to do the unexpected sometimes! I hope you aren't disappointed. I love that you took the photos special for my challenge. Thanks for playing!

Nope, not at all! I love the autumn and was fun challenge.

Courtney likes this

Thank you to everyone that played along in my challenge! I loved seeing your take on the photos looking up and down. The winners are listed below:

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - cinderella
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - tlcd1961
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - felis

When you are ready to use your discount coupon please contact Student Support with the name of the class you would like to apply it to since coupons are class specific.  Prizes in the challenges can be saved and combined for purchasing a class or event. Any balance after purchasing a class will be forfeited. Thank you all for joining the challenge! Check out the November Challenge in this forum and  Project Scrap to get a project done.

cinderella and felis like this