Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiana F

Pumpkin Pie Lover

19 posts in this topic

I'm a pecan pie girl.  My mother in law used to make sweet potato pie and german chocolate pie which were both delicious.  As a matter of fact, I never liked coconut until I tried her german chocolate pie.  Yummy!

Kiana F and Danica Staples like this

Share this post


Link to post

Hear hear! That's me! Especially with my fave whipped cream (just a touch of powdered sugar & nutmeg/cinnamon!) I've made a BOMB Pumpkin/apple butter Crumble pie- to die for! I'm all about pie in general! ;)

Danica Staples and Kiana F like this

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Yobeth Puckett said:

I'm a pecan pie girl.  My mother in law used to make sweet potato pie and german chocolate pie which were both delicious.  As a matter of fact, I never liked coconut until I tried her german chocolate pie.  Yummy!

I'm not a fan of coconut either. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Amie Wheeler said:

Hear hear! That's me! Especially with my fave whipped cream (just a touch of powdered sugar & nutmeg/cinnamon!) I've made a BOMB Pumpkin/apple butter Crumble pie- to die for! I'm all about pie in general! ;)

I'm pretty sure all your sweets are BOMB. I've seen your baking page. LOL

Share this post


Link to post

We do sweet potato pie. I love it ... I make it ... I eat it. It's my favorite pie next to apple. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2017 at 8:58 AM, Yobeth Puckett said:

I'm a pecan pie girl.  My mother in law used to make sweet potato pie and german chocolate pie which were both delicious.  As a matter of fact, I never liked coconut until I tried her german chocolate pie.  Yummy!

Hubby makes a great pecan pie!!

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Danica Staples said:

No pumpkin pie for me. Hubby usually bakes a pecan one. I have seen a recipe for a chocolate pecan pie that we have been meaning to try but haven’t yet 

Nice that he bakes that. My dad loves pecan pie I just can't get into it

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Courtney said:

I love pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. But I'd rather have banana cream, or chocolate, or my favorite is Butter Tarts. I know, not technically pie, but close enough!

Hmm what are butter tarts??

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Courtney said:

Absolutely fabulous Canadian dessert. ;) They are a small tart shell, and the filling is kinda like the stuff around the pecans in pecan pie. If that makes any sense at all!

I was wondering ....we call it chess pie down South where my hubby is from...basically oooey gooey butter cake??

Either way sounds yummy!!!

Danica Staples likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Katherine Engelhardt said:

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Costco makes a huge one and it's pretty good. Very inexpensive too.

ROFL...see I feel the same way about Sweet Potato....we don't do pumpkin in our family. 

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely miss out on all the traditions Americans have.  We don't really do pie in South Africa.  My favorite here is lemon meringue and I would give the baby toe on my left foot to taste Key Lime Pie.  I'm definitely more a tart and savory type of person, so meat pies (which are very popular here) is very high on my list.  Nothing better that a pepper steak pie with gravy and chips.

Kiana F likes this

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Renee Berger said:

I definitely miss out on all the traditions Americans have.  We don't really do pie in South Africa.  My favorite here is lemon meringue and I would give the baby toe on my left foot to taste Key Lime Pie.  I'm definitely more a tart and savory type of person, so meat pies (which are very popular here) is very high on my list.  Nothing better that a pepper steak pie with gravy and chips.

That pepper steak pie sounds yummy....and yes you must get your hands on Key Lime Pie.....DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/16/2017 at 3:36 AM, Renee Berger said:

I definitely miss out on all the traditions Americans have.  We don't really do pie in South Africa.  My favorite here is lemon meringue and I would give the baby toe on my left foot to taste Key Lime Pie.  I'm definitely more a tart and savory type of person, so meat pies (which are very popular here) is very high on my list.  Nothing better that a pepper steak pie with gravy and chips.

Lemon Meringue and Key Lime pie are delicious. My daughter just texted me and said she was bringing a cherry pie, an apple pie, an oreo pie, and a caramel pecan supreme pie from Baker's Square for Thanksgiving. That's a lot of pie for 11 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0