Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiana F

Pumpkin Pie Lover

19 posts in this topic

I'm a pecan pie girl.  My mother in law used to make sweet potato pie and german chocolate pie which were both delicious.  As a matter of fact, I never liked coconut until I tried her german chocolate pie.  Yummy!

Kiana F and Danica Staples like this

Hear hear! That's me! Especially with my fave whipped cream (just a touch of powdered sugar & nutmeg/cinnamon!) I've made a BOMB Pumpkin/apple butter Crumble pie- to die for! I'm all about pie in general! ;)

Danica Staples and Kiana F like this

22 hours ago, Yobeth Puckett said:

I'm a pecan pie girl.  My mother in law used to make sweet potato pie and german chocolate pie which were both delicious.  As a matter of fact, I never liked coconut until I tried her german chocolate pie.  Yummy!

I'm not a fan of coconut either. 

15 hours ago, Amie Wheeler said:

Hear hear! That's me! Especially with my fave whipped cream (just a touch of powdered sugar & nutmeg/cinnamon!) I've made a BOMB Pumpkin/apple butter Crumble pie- to die for! I'm all about pie in general! ;)

I'm pretty sure all your sweets are BOMB. I've seen your baking page. LOL

We do sweet potato pie. I love it ... I make it ... I eat it. It's my favorite pie next to apple. 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:58 AM, Yobeth Puckett said:

Hubby makes a great pecan pie!!

22 hours ago, Danica Staples said:

No pumpkin pie for me. Hubby usually bakes a pecan one. I have seen a recipe for a chocolate pecan pie that we have been meaning to try but haven’t yet 

Nice that he bakes that. My dad loves pecan pie I just can't get into it

9 hours ago, Courtney said:

I love pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. But I'd rather have banana cream, or chocolate, or my favorite is Butter Tarts. I know, not technically pie, but close enough!

Hmm what are butter tarts??

9 hours ago, Courtney said:

Absolutely fabulous Canadian dessert. ;) They are a small tart shell, and the filling is kinda like the stuff around the pecans in pecan pie. If that makes any sense at all!

I was wondering ....we call it chess pie down South where my hubby is from...basically oooey gooey butter cake??

Either way sounds yummy!!!

Danica Staples likes this

6 hours ago, Katherine Engelhardt said:

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Costco makes a huge one and it's pretty good. Very inexpensive too.

ROFL...see I feel the same way about Sweet Potato....we don't do pumpkin in our family. 

I definitely miss out on all the traditions Americans have.  We don't really do pie in South Africa.  My favorite here is lemon meringue and I would give the baby toe on my left foot to taste Key Lime Pie.  I'm definitely more a tart and savory type of person, so meat pies (which are very popular here) is very high on my list.  Nothing better that a pepper steak pie with gravy and chips.

Kiana F likes this

5 hours ago, Renee Berger said:

I definitely miss out on all the traditions Americans have.  We don't really do pie in South Africa.  My favorite here is lemon meringue and I would give the baby toe on my left foot to taste Key Lime Pie.  I'm definitely more a tart and savory type of person, so meat pies (which are very popular here) is very high on my list.  Nothing better that a pepper steak pie with gravy and chips.

That pepper steak pie sounds yummy....and yes you must get your hands on Key Lime Pie.....DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/16/2017 at 3:36 AM, Renee Berger said:

Lemon Meringue and Key Lime pie are delicious. My daughter just texted me and said she was bringing a cherry pie, an apple pie, an oreo pie, and a caramel pecan supreme pie from Baker's Square for Thanksgiving. That's a lot of pie for 11 people.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0