Kiana F

December 15, 2017 Challenge

29 posts in this topic

Hey Scrapaneers!! I'm super excited to be part of the team here and hosting this month's 2nd challenge. I can't believe the year is almost over. 2017 went by super fast for me and was packed with tons of events and happenings both bad and good. 

For this challenge I want to keep things simple. So simple that I'm giving you all a minimalist challenge. Many times in life and in scrapping we end up taking on "all the things". For this minimalist challenge I'm giving you all a recipe to follow which will keep your page simple. I know for many it is hard NOT to use all those beautiful elements in the kits we have, but many times less truly is more. So embrace this challenge with me.

Minimalist Recipe

1. no more than 3 patterns and ONLY 1 solid for the MAIN background

2. 1 photo in classic Black & White

3. 6 Elements Total. That's it!

4. 2 lines of journaling, or you can use two word strips that will NOT count against your 6 element total

5. Have fun and embrace the clutter free process.

Here is my layout.

Silver Linings

Created using: Silver Linings by One Little Bird of The Lilypad and freebie template by Mommyish of The Lilypad

Please upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it here in this thread by December 31, 2017.
You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to this post here.

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):
  • (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • You can only win one prize per challenge each month.
  • **Please note** There will now be two challenges per month and you can now save your discount coupon to combine them to be used at a later date for a class or live event.

34 minutes ago, Kathy Black said:

Ohhh...this is perfect!! Simple and easy for the holidays...Love it and your layout is gorgeous!!

Thank you so much. Yes I thought what would be simple and easy for the end of the year. Glad you agree!!!

3 hours ago, Kathy Black said:

My entry for the challenge..Thank you Kiana for keeping it simple!

#FROSTY

Wow you're fast too. Love it. off to leave you some love

breeoxd likes this

So I cheated. :D BUT- I did ONLY have 6 elements total! The snowflakes were ONE item and the confetti was ONE item! I just couldn't do that photo b/w because the glitter lost it's pretty that way. Also- had to have that bokeh paper too because again- it's too pretty! So here's my layout where I just ~barely~ followed the recipe! lol!

large.5a3ee57559d35_wintersparklecopy.jp

breeoxd likes this

On 12/23/2017 at 1:21 AM, Amie Wheeler said:

Gah your layout is gorgeous Kiana! I JUST DONT THINK I CAN DO IT!!! ;) I'm a 'kitchen sink' scrapper.... ONLY 6(!!!) Elements!?!?!?

ROFL I know you are. I go back and forth between the two so it comes a little easier, but some of these kits you can't help it. You just go, "one more element" rofl!!! You did amazing...even if you varied!

Amie Wheeler likes this

I still found myself drawn to a "busy" solid paper and a paint element with lots in it for ONE of my elements.  Minimalist is SO hard!  Thanks for the challenge. 

large.122517_ChristmasSelfie.jpg.4244daa

Kiana F and breeoxd like this

20 hours ago, suzanner said:

I still found myself drawn to a "busy" solid paper and a paint element with lots in it for ONE of my elements.  Minimalist is SO hard!  Thanks for the challenge. 

large.122517_ChristmasSelfie.jpg.4244daa

You created a lovely layout. I know minimalist is hard for many of us. 

13 hours ago, felis said:

Kiana, it's a great idea to be simple, but I'm just not minimalist, please don't count strict! ;)
Happy holidays to all!

large.resolutions.jpg.d3c40df0755e7d7fd2

ROFL!!!!!!! Believe me .... I totally understand the minimalist struggle. I love a good clustery page. Of course, I'd never count against you guys! 

large.riverrose-reminisce-patpp3.jpg.23408ab6bbcab7a0224787c8d252b714.jpg 

Less

ok, so I had to add a title, otherwise it just didn't work, desgn wise. But there are six elements (the thread button thing is all one cluster), 1 pattern, 1 solid paper, black and white photo, 2 lines of journaling. I think i did it! this is like the cleanest I've ever scrapbooked. 

Amson, Kiana F and suzanner like this