Jennifer B

November 15th Challenge

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, it’s November 15th and I am here with our second challenge this month. Here in the states we are getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving next week, and that means lots of food, family and fun. I am going focus on the food part of Thanksgiving.  

So, for this challenge, I want you to scrap about food. It can be anything. Do you have a favorite recipe your family always wants you to make? Do you hate this type of food? What was your favorite food growing up? These are just some suggestions to get you thinking about what you want to your page to be about.

The only requirements for this challenge are: there needs to be a picture of the food on your page and a few words about why you’ve selected it.

Here’s my page. It’s a picture of a cake my husband made for Christmas two years ago.  It’s now become an annual request each year.

I can’t wait to see your pages!

AIZhj5T.jpg

Please upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it here in this thread by November 30th, 2017.

You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to this post here.

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

• (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

• (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

• You can only win one prize per challenge each month.

• **Please note** There will now be two challenges per month and you can now save your discount coupon to combine them to be used at a later date for a class or live event.

Stacia Hall, felis, Kiana F and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Stacia Hall said:

I'm pretty sure you can't drop a photo of a salted caramel chocolate cheesecake and not give us the recipe, @Jennifer B ;)

LOL, I should have thought of that. It was really good! Here is the recipe that my husband used. 

https://www.shugarysweets.com/2014/09/salted-caramel-chocolate-cheesecake-cake

Stacia Hall and Crazsquaw like this

15 hours ago, Christine (MinorScraps) said:

I've done quite a few food pages in the past, even writing a letter to chocolate chip cookie dough. This will be fun.

Can't wait to see your page Christine!

8 hours ago, Crazsquaw said:

LOL I did food for the first challenge, but I LOVE food pages- and yours is GORGEOUS!!

Thanks! Now you can do another challenge with food!

Crazsquaw likes this

On 11/19/2017 at 10:51 PM, Christine (MinorScraps) said:

Guess I'm the first done this time... Thanksgiving Pies anyone? :)

What a great page! I love how you journaled about your traditions and memories shared around the table! What neat idea to have so many pies, both savory and sweet!

9 hours ago, felis said:

Oh, in a last moment again, but better late than never.
I created something like a thanksgiving card, about my sister homemade apricot pie.

large_pai.jpg.cc9ac2735d70e65e3c547f2541

Lovely page. That pie looks really good. Love the red underneath and how you journal ed in it.

felis likes this

Thank you to everyone that played along in this first half of the month's challenge! The winners are listed below:

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice – Christine(MInorScraps)

• (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Cinderella

• (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - Felis

When you are ready to use your discount coupon please contact Student Support with the name of the class you would like to apply it to since coupons are class specific.  Prizes in the challenges can be saved and combined for purchasing a class or event. Any balance after purchasing a class will be forfeited. Thank you again for joining the challenge!

Thank you to everyone that played along in this first half of the month's challenge! Thank you for sharing your favorites with us. The winners are listed below:

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - 
    • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - 
      • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice - 

When you are ready to use your discount coupon please contact Student Support with the name of the class you would like to apply it to since coupons are class specific.  Prizes in the challenges can be saved and combined for purchasing a class or event. Any balance after purchasing a class will be forfeited. Thank you again for joining the challenge! 

felis likes this