Kathy Black

December 1 Challenge

35 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Scrappers! For those of you who have energy and time leftover from this busy holiday season, I am here with our first challenge for December! (All said with tongue in cheek :)) Although I do find that taking the time to be creative re-energizes me and gives me a satisfaction that shopping does not. For this challenge, I would like you to use the title prompt " A Winter's Tale". You may use this in any way you would like, whether it be an art journal or a layout with loads of photos and elements or even a single photo with lots of white space. Be creative in whatever way you are inspired to tell your winter's tale. Some of you lucky people will have your toes in the beach sand, holding a martini glass with the sunset on the horizon. Sigh..I will not be one of those lucky ones as you will see from my layout. Be creative. Throw caution to the wind. But above all, have fun!

I am excited to see what you create this month! Please upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it here in this thready by December 15. You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to this post here.

And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):

• (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
  • (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice

You can only win one prize per challenge each month.

**Please note** There are two challenges per month and you can now save your discount coupons and combine them to be used at a later date for a class or live event.

5a1f33459bd8a-A-Winters-Tale.jpg

Kathy, love your page - and black, white and red is a favorite color combo of mine. Wish I had snow, so I could take some new photos ... but it's 60 and sunny here today. So much for winter! LOL

17 hours ago, Kiana F said:

Here's one from me

Love it!! Gorgeous clusters and I just love the color! Thank you for  joining in!

Kiana F likes this

Gosh I'm loving the technique you all are doing on your pages with the blended photo in the background!!  Gorgeous pages, ladies!! <3

On 12/13/2017 at 0:44 PM, jwalls39 said:

It's been so long since I created a layout....felt so good!

Sydney Does Argentina - December 1 Challenge

Love love love this!! Love your OOB! Your journaling is great! Cluster is beautiful! Did I mention that I love this! :)

16 hours ago, Deanna said:

http://forum.scrapaneers.com/gallery/image/5400-a-winters-tale/

For some reason the gallery won't allow me to post my layout-but I can post here--It keeps telling me I can only load so many mb--but my layout is way under that amount.

I got the layout to post finally!!

Winter's Tale_etd_ 2smrfw.jpg

That looks like so much fun! Love the bird and the berries!

Deanna likes this

41 minutes ago, Kathy Black said:

Love love love this!! Love your OOB! Your journaling is great! Cluster is beautiful! Did I mention that I love this! :)

I think you did!  :lol:  Thank you so much!!

On 12/1/2017 at 8:43 PM, Katherine Engelhardt said:

Beautiful layout Kathy!

I agree, the monochromatic page with the pop of red are really pretty.